As you can see in the Lumen Depreciation Chart, the rate of lumen or light loss is exponentially greater in non LED fixtures. LED’s maintain at least 80% of their initial lumen output at 100,000 hours as compared to the other types of fixtures that are all at 55% or less after 15,000 to 35,000 hours depending upon the fixture type. This means that LEDs can outperform other types of lighting not only in duration but also in brightness or lumen output.
As you can see in the Lamp Replacement Chart, LEDs are the most dependable lighting option. LEDs out-perform other types of lighting as follows:
- High Output T5 Fluorescent Fixtures – In excess of 3 to 1
- T8 Fluorescent Fixtures – In Excess of 4 to 1
- T12 Fluorescent Fixtures – In Excess of 8 to 1
- 250W Metal Halide Fixtures – In Excess of 10 to 1
- 400W Metal Halide Fixtures – In Excess of 5 to 1
- 1000W Metal Halide Fixtures – In Excess of 6 to 1